Good Evening Bohemians… (I think that’s what we’ll call Y’all for now)
So I thought I’d do a sort of “Get-To-Know Me” blog post tonight. Something that’s a little lighter and more fun than the usual deep and sappy poetry.
I’m going to answer a list of questions that I found online and hopefully, this will make you feel more part of my bohemian world. Eish!
So here we go…
- Are you named after anyone? – No, although I was named Douglas due to my Scottish background on my maternal grandfather’s side and my second name, Anthony is my paternal grandfather’s first name. So perhaps! (I also have a Zulu name…)
- When was the last time you cried? – Probably when I was popping a pimple or tweezing my minor unibrow. About two weeks ago?
- Do you have kids? -Wut!? Although, I’m going to be an uncle in a few weeks time.
- If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? – Yeah! My dark sense of humour is enough to make anyone flip.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot? – Refer to question 4.
- What’s the first thing you notice about people? – Personality and behaviour. And yo attitude!
- What is your eye colour? – Blue/Grey/Green
- Scary movie or happy endings? – Happy endings, because that numbs reality and responsibility. But honestly, I love the adrenaline kick from a scary movie.
- Favourite smells? – Vanillery flavoured stuff… I like the Radox Rice Milk & Hyssop shower gel, and Petrichor is just an all time favourite! Shops like Typo and Wakaberry also have a captivating aroma.
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? – Probably some weird ass game farm out in Limpopo…?
- Do you have any special talents? – Me sing, write and play the piano. I also draw, willingly or not… that is the question!
- Where were you born? – Johannesburg
- What are your hobbies? – Refer to question 11.
- Do you have any pets? – Yes, I have two dogs. They’re a cross between Jack Russel and Pug.
- Do you have any siblings? – Many! I have a sister, a stepbrother and two (almost three, by next year) half brothers, and a brother-in-law.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? – A singer-songwriter.
- Who was your first best friend? – He was a boy by the name of Jared Nicol. We lived in Welkom together and went to the same preschool. We both liked Milk Tart very much.
- How tall are you? – I’m not measuring now… something like 170cm… 5’6?
- Funniest moment throughout School? – School isn’t funny. It’s traumatizing.
- How many countries have you visited? – I’ve only ever visited around my own country. If anyone would like to change that and make my dreams come true, you can contact me at email@example.com
- What was your favourite/worst subject in High School? -My worst is Maths lit. Yes, I take lit. And my favourite would have to be Visual Arts.
- What is your Favorite drink? Animal? Perfume? – I like the Hug In A Mug’s Roasted Marshmallow flavour… Animal would have to be a Horse or Zebra, and I’m not a perfumy person.
- What would you (or have you) name your children? – Florence River, maybe add Nomvula with it because I love and admire the Zulu culture.
- What Sports do you play/Have you played? -Next joke…
- Who are some of your favourite YouTubers? – I don’t really watch YouTubers but rather music videos, although one of my friends, Mouse Erlank has a YouTube Channel and Y’all should definitely check her out
- How many Girlfriends/Boyfriends have you had? – I’ve had many fake girlfriends in primary school…(Who can relate?) But I’ve never really had a boyfriend instead I’ve had like 2 568 348 unsuccessful flings.
- Favourite memory from childhood? – Coming back from Wimpy with my dad and my sister when I was three-years-old. It was dark by the time we got home. When we were at Wimpy my sister and I got helium balloons. Before we went inside when we got home, my dad sat me on his shoulders and we let the balloons go above us, into the stars.
- How would you describe your fashion sense? -I would like to dress nicely. But I don’t. I’m lazy and poor. So it’s jeans and a T-shirt or shorts and flip-flops. But once I establish my career, that is definitely something I’ll work on.
- What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?) – iPhone.
- Tell us one of your bad habits! –I’m lazy and I procrastinate… Stay in my pyjamas all day… Use a heck load of mobile data. Criticize the peasants in my school.
Thank you for reading these totally useless facts about me. Shoutout to all my stalkers who now have bait, I love you too. I have already got 1 request for the capturing emotions project, where I write a poem about difficult emotions of life. Please don’t forget to send me your concepts! That’s all from my side…
Yours in Madness.
The Bohemian Poet